By Edward O. Frantz
A spouse to Reconstruction Presidents provides a chain of unique essays that discover various very important matters, subject matters, and debates linked to the presidencies of Andrew Johnson, Ulysses S. provide, and Rutherford B. Hayes.
- Represents the 1st finished examine the presidencies of Johnson, furnish, and Hayes in a single volume
- Features contributions from best historians and presidential scholars
- Approaches the research of those presidents from a historiographical perspective
- Key issues contain every one president’s political profession; international coverage; family coverage; army background; and social context in their phrases in office
Read or Download A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar government books
Because the introduction of critical mine injuries and the whole catastrophe within the Gulf, it's very transparent that the ReCorpiCons have come to rule some distance an excessive amount of of our govt of "WE the folks" and feature it good on it truly is solution to a Fascist nation. This booklet cuts via all that Hubris and exhibits within the such a lot direct and good understood examples of ways that has occurred and what needs to be performed now to prevent it truly is persevered growth towards that finish and to take this state again for WE the folks AND the US.
Abraham Lincoln is obviously the most usually stated figures in American political rhetoric, specially with reference to problems with equality. yet given the ubiquity of Lincoln’s legacy, many references to him, even at the presidential point, are usually of questionable accuracy. In Claiming Lincoln, Jividen posits that during a lot 20th-century presidential rhetoric, specifically from innovative leaders, Lincoln’s figuring out of equality is slowly divorced from its grounding within the traditional rights taking into account the yank Founding and reinterpreted in gentle of revolutionary historical past.
This booklet offers a ancient and political sociology of ecu historical past and society. It deals a severe interpretation of the process eu heritage taking a look at the emergence of the assumption of Europe and the emergence of modernity.
Those are turbulent occasions for American overseas coverage. Nowhere are the demanding situations dealing with the us extra obtrusive than in U. S. coverage towards Russia. Drawing on students throughout numerous disciplines and views, CSIS performed a year-long research that sought to accomplish targets. First, to supply policymakers with a clearer knowing of Russia’s strategic motivations and pursuits, in addition to the instruments it makes use of to enhance its targets.
- Decentralization and Intrastate Struggles: Chechnya, Punjab, and Québec
- Perspectives on the Politics of Abortion
- Who Can Stop the Drums?: Urban Social Movements in Chávez’s Venezuela (e-Duke books scholarly collection.)
- Collision Course: Federal Education Policy Meets State and Local Realities (Kettl Series)
- Written Out of History: The Forgotten Founders Who Fought Big Government
- Resilient Liberalism in Europe's Political Economy (Contemporary European Politics)
Additional resources for A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Edward O. Frantz